Call us Today for Bookings
Deposit - Multi Combination Licence In 2 Days (MC)
MULTI COMBINATION TRUCK DRIVER LICENCE TRAINING
ROAD RANGER GEARBOX (OPEN - UNRESTRICTED)
AUTOMATIC - CONDITION A OR CONDITION B FOR AN OPEN CLASS LICENCE HOLDER
This course can be conducted in a B-Double vehicle supplied by the applicant providing it meets road worthy conditions.
Designed for drivers who wish to upgrade from either a HR or HC class licence.
Participants will develop the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude to obtain a Multi-Combination Licence with a Constant Mesh (Road Ranger) or automatic transmission, through competency based (CBA) with Accredited Purple Trucks experienced trainers.
Purple Trucks Requirements -
- Participants must either hold a current HR licence and have held that licence for a minimum of twelve months, or
- Participants must hold a current HC licence.
- Be proficient in the use of a manual Transmission.
- Participants must have completed the MC knowledge test and obtain Purple Trucks learner guide book.
- The guide book must have been read before starting the course.
- A person who holds a provisional P1or P2 licence is not eligible for a MC licence.
- Unique Student Identifier (USI). From 1 January 2015 ALL students undertaking nationally recognised training will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). It is free and easy for students to create their own USI’s online. To apply for your USI, please visit www.usi.gov.au. For a small extra fee, we can do this for you.
UPGRADING FROM A P2 LICENCE
Provisional P2 licence holders (who also hold a Class LR, MR or HR heavy vehicle licence) will remain a provisional licence holder until they have held the P2 licence for a minimum of 2 years and pass a Driver Qualification Test. There is no variation to this rule and an unrestricted licence will not be issued until the applicant complies with the requirements of the Graduated Licensing Scheme.
- Reversing Exercise
- Fuel Efficiency
- Defensive Driving
- Use of Controls
- General Vehicle Control
- Vehicle positioning
- Turning and Handling
- Driving Test
This is a Queensland approved licence course. Drivers will be trained and assessed against the national competency standards by our accredited assessors. After the required standard of competency has been achieved Purple Truck Driving School will issue the appropriate licence.
DURATION OF COURSE
- 2 Days - (recommended for drivers within the transport industry who have an acceptable knowledge of operating heavy combination vehicles). Most trainees will complete the training in approximately 6-8 hours, depending on prior experience and skills and how well the trainee applies the set requirements.
- It should be noted that the practical side of this course is for one day. There is a lot of reading and understanding to be learnt prior to the day. On the day you will be tested on the prior learning and reading you should have done.
- A 50% booking fee is required upon booking. Balance to be paid before commencement of course.
- Purple Truck Driving School and Queensland Transport Licence upgrade fees are included.
All booking fees are non refundable if cancellation has not been received 5 days before commencement of course date.